The college library contains about 47614 books for + 2 and + 3 students. The members of the staff and the students of the college are the members of the library.
1. The library remains open during the college hours in every working day. ..
2. The library books are issued to borrowers between 10.30 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. The last period of every working day is set apart i for office work, No. Issue or return will be made after this period.
SECTION - 2
(Rules common to all bOrI"owers at books)
1. No book shall be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the librarian and until it has been properly entered in the issue register and the entry is attested by the borrower.
2. The borrower must examine the condition of the book before he / she leaves the library. Otherwise, in case of mutilation discovered later, persumption will be made against the borrower and he / she may be called upon to replace the book or pay the cost with fine.
3. Books should be returned within the period allowed to borrowee.
4. If the qate of return of a book on a holiday. It should be returned to the library on the next working day.
5. All borrowers shall return books to the library before the college is closed for summer vacation.
6. Anybody in possesion of a library book shall return it to the library on receipt of requistion notice from the librarian to the effect.
7. Books taken out of the library must be returned to the librarian and not to anyboc1yelse.
8. No marginal of other notes of rruiking shall be made in the books nor shall any picture or pages be removed or dogeared or otherwise disfigured. In such cases the borrower may be asked to replace the book damaged by him / her or pay the cost with fine.
9. If a borrower keeps a library book for more than the time allowed Ii for the purpose, no more books will be issued to him / her until the book concerned is returned to the library.
10. Students leaving the college before Councilor University examination or discontinuing their studies at anytime shall have to return the library books otherwise their T C. will not be issued.
11. Perfect silence is to be maintained inside the library premises, All conversions except what is absolutely necessary for the transcaction oflibrary business is forbidden inside the library.
12. Any book lost, damaged or defaced by a borrower must be replaced by himlher with the fine, as it is decided by the Principal.
13. A student who wants to borrow or return books should submit his / her library card to the Ii brarian.
14. If a student looses his / her library card, another card will be issued to him or payment of Rs. 5/- only.
15. Students who do not return the books within the time allowed will be changed a fine of fifty paise per book for each day of delay.
16. In matters of disput relating to borrowing / damaging delaying the return of the books, the principal's decision is [mal and binding.
17. Issued books in borrowers:
CLASS OF BORROWERS NO OF BOOKS
1. Teaching staff \ 25---
2. Librarian/lab. Asst/ Storekeeper 02
(b) Members of the ministerial staff - 01
(d) Student (+2 classes) - 01
(e) Student (+3 classes) - 02
(f Student ( Honours class) - 03
18. No student is allowed to keep a library book with him /her during the Summer vacation.
Each Honours Teaching Department maintains a Seminar. library containing both the text and reference books along with the periodicals for the use of the students and members of the staffs are maintained at the departmental level for the benefit of the students and staff.
1. The Book Bank is meant for giving books to the poor and meritorious students on loan basis.
2. Before borrowing books, students of +2 & +3 1 st year classes should deposit 20% and those of +2 & +3 2nd year and 3rd year of classes should deposit 10% of the price of the.books. This amount will not be refunded.
3. The baaks must be returned by the barrawer befare fiIling up farms far Cauncil / University / Semistar Examinations.
4. Students shauld not disfigure ar damage the baaks, incase of damage, the'barrawer will have to replace the book or pay the cost of the book along with a fine as decided by the Principal.